INFORMATION

This is NOT the Official Website of ACHI 2014

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

EZEEMO AS THE NEXT GOVERNOR OF ANAMBRA STATE COME 2014




In a well attended ceremony by ACN supporters and sympathizers from the 21 local government areas of Anambra State and beyond, Mr. Godwin Ezeemo formally declared his intentions to contest the Governorship election of Anambra State under the banner of ACN. He pleaded with the party executives to guarantee free and fair elections to promote internal democracy. He also rejected the position of Deputy Governor, saying he has no intention of being a spare tyre to anyone. Also he rejected a senatorial position, saying he is not made for the parliament, rather he intends to be in a position where all Anambrarians will feel the impact of his leadership. Below is the complete text of his speech at the ceremony.

ANAMBRA STATE GOVERNOSHIP RACE 2014
ADDRESS TO ACTION CONGRESS OF NIGERIA (ACN) PARTY BY
MR. GODWIN CHUKWUNENYE EZEEMO
ON HIS DECLARATION
My name is Mr. Godwin Chukwunenye Ezeemo. One of your illustrious sons and brother, born 58 years ago to the family of Nze Umeaku Godwin Ezeemo & Lolo Ahusie Charity Ezeemo Umunwanyiekwosi Duru kindred of Umuojogwo, Amanasaa, Umuchu Aguata Local Government Area. I am happily married with three (3) children. I had my primary school education at St Thomas Anglican Primary School Umuchu; my secondary school at St Peter’s Secondary School Achina, all in Aguata Local Government Area, Anambra State. My higher Education at Federal Polytechnic Ilaro, Ogun State, where I obtained a Higher National Diploma (HND) in Marketing. After serving the Nation (NYSC). I went into the Freight Forwarding business and domiciled in Lagos from 1986 to 1993. God has been faithful in blessing the works of my hands.
I relocated to Britain with my family in 1993 during the political impasse involving Chief M. K. O. Abiola and Alhaji Basiru Tofa. You will recall a free and fair election was annulled by Gen. Ibrahim Babaginda in 1993 and that nearly threw Nigeria into another civil strife. I have had the privilege of living in Britain for many years and touring so many parts of the world and have seen and understood what we need as a people. The times have greatly changed. There was a time when leaders think ahead of the people; making provisions for things which wasn’t immediately needed but would be needed in the future. Today, it seems that the people think ahead of their elected representatives. Today, the people elects a leader but no sooner has the leader emerged victorious at the polls than the leader  forgets the electorate, ignoring genuine emergency calls, real heart-cry, cry of injustice, etc; choosing rather to champion   causes which made little or no meaning to ‘the man in the street’ ending up embezzling and mismanaging public funds. The people make several presentations and representations at this stage which fetched little or nothing. This has resulted in massive unemployment, insecurity, begging, under-development, youth restiveness, massive brain drain, languishing in foreign jails, names changing in order to secure favours outside Igbo land, etc. Our situation today is very pathetic, society has lost its value system and our Igbo race is worse hit. Education and homely up-bringing are watered down. Utilities such as Electricity, Water, and Telephone are not working or epileptic in supply.
This has been a concern that our leaders despite knowing these do not seem to care. I have everything I need to live with my family comfortably throughout my life overseas and I have been doing so. It was six years ago that I started visiting home from my abode in Britain. These visits exposed me to the sordid state of our infrastructure, dirty and unplanned cities, misplaced priorities, acute bribery and corruption, etc. these discoveries gave me several sleepless nights, I became worried as to how to assist my fatherland, to bring a definite change to Anambra State, Igbo land, and Nigeria in general. I took this up as a challenge. I began to use my personal resources to see whether a true change can be effected hence the hosting of Conference with the Theme: REDISCOVERING THE LOST IGBO VALUES (VALUE REORIENTATION) in conjunction with Nigeria Union of Journalist (NUJ) Anambra State chapter.
I had sympathy for Action Congress of Nigeria for many years. This caused me to host His Excellency Senator Dr. Chris N. Ngige at my country home in Umuchu to appreciate him for the good work he did during his tenure as Governor of Anambra State. I later joined Action Congress as a full fledged member. During this period and over time I made the following contribution for the progress and success of our great party in Anambra State:
1.     Cash and bus donations to the state Executive / Working Committee of the party for over 2 years;
2.     Sponsored state Executive working tour of ACN wards in Old Aguata Local Government:
3.     Cash donations to the Gubernatorial and Senatorial campaign / elections of Dr. Chris Ngige (OON);
4.     Sponsored the state chairman’s trip to Accra, Ghana for an ACN Seminar;
5.     Paid annual rents for some ACN local Government and ward offices in the state covering Aguata, Orumba North, Orumba South, Nnewi North, Awka South, and Njikoka Local Government Areas. This process is still going on now with other Local Government setups;
6.     Procured Registration / Membership forms from ACN National Headquarters Abuja and distributed same to Aguata Local Government Areas for registering new members and financed allowances of the administrative staff that conducted the registration;
7.     I have been paying rent for the Aguata LGA office of ACN for the past 3 years, furnished and equipped the office with chairs, fans, flat screen Television and Generator sets, etc;
8.     Provided financial support to the state ACN   youth wing for running their programmes;
9.     Have generally sponsored and provided financial support for building, organizing and popularizing  Action Congress of Nigeria for the past 4 years in Anambra;
10.            I provided 326 unified ACN sign boards for all the ward offices in Anambra State most of which are still there to be collected and installed;
11.            Co-financed two ACN state assembly aspirants;
12.            Donated to women wing of ACN;
13.            Donated to the party purse for the last concluded April 2013 ACN National Congress in Lagos.
Much has been done which I cannot mention here. In all, they go towards keeping the flag flying for ACN.
As I was making these contributions to my immediate environment, rather than become satisfied, I felt deeper hunger to reach out to all the people of Anambra State; the desire to do this has become a consuming passion and burden that I resolved to vie for the Governorship position in the state so as to use Government fiat to develop my state. When it became clear to me that I can no longer experience joy except I accomplish this goal; I held a meeting with members of my family at which I tabled this burden. I told them that I would not want to retire and die in Britain. That I would rather want to utilize part of my working life to develop my people and so prepare to retire at home. My family told me that, as long as my going is with good intention and not to join the band-wagon of corruption, mismanagement, plan-less governance, bad administrations that characterize our system, they are solidly behind me.
Today, I am very happy and delighted and I am sure you do, to be part of this historic meeting. It is historic because what is happening now has never happened in our party in Anambra state. We should see this favour from God to be part of this history. I am glad that the party has opened up to accommodate many aspirants with different backgrounds and views as against what it used to be. This has given me the opportunity I have today, to be part of this race and that is what democracy is all about.
It gives me great pleasure to present myself as a candidate for the Governorship Election in 2014 to the enlarged party Executives of ACN which is merging into APC. I solicit your support and prayers.
Among the many things I wish to accomplish, I will organize a good welfare package for the members of the party and the state as a whole. I will accommodate every one of you as a stakeholder in the state with a high sense of belonging. Deprivation and hoarding of information for selfish purposes will cease. I will set the boundaries free for all. And we will achieve a freedom that will give up the type of democracy we see in western world. I will in addition to the above place great emphasis on the following:
1.     Restoring our lost values and affordable qualitative  education;
2.     Basic utilities shall be in place for industrial growth and development;
3.     Agricultural development
4.     Gainful employment for our youth even in rural areas;
5.     Elimination of insecurity;
6.     Provision of adequate health care for all.
I thank you all for coming and pray that His Grace will see you back to your respective homes.

Godwin Chukwunaenye Ezeemo
24/5/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment